Massive secondaries and fuel injection

Performance modifications, tips & tricks

Moderators: flyingpolarbear, Dev, James B.

Speeder
Location: 2021 Dodge Durango R/T 2WD, 2008 Colorado work beater, 2003 Dodge Dakota pro-touring project

Massive secondaries and fuel injection

Post by Speeder »

Probably nobody remembers this, but a long time ago I complained on this board about how with fuel injection, you no longer got the sound of the massive secondaries opening up on a 4 barrel carb, and how nice it would be if there was a way to run a pair of throttle bodies so that one would run for cruising, and when you mash the gas the second one would open.

https://ozmoengineering.com/shop/standa ... ontroller/

Seems that's no longer an issue.

97k15004wd

Re: Massive secondaries and fuel injection

Post by 97k15004wd »

Huh, that's an interesting concept. A proportional controller for a second throttle body. Seems like someone would have thought of that long ago.

I remember hearing the secondaries coming in on my first four barrel car (Trans AM) - I had driven like a granny for the first two hundred miles just like the owner's manual said was needed for the "break-in".

The instant I hit two hundred miles, I floored it. It was awesome! The kickdown to first gear, the scream and then roar of the carb - I have never forgotten it. It wasn't long after that I opened the scoop and the sound was even better. I miss that sound!

I do miss that instant response - now you floor it and then wait for the computer to say, "okay, let's go now".

Manual adjustments for kickdown, pump squirters - ahh, the old days! LOL